A facial massage is a great skill to have to help maintain skin that looks healthy, glowing, and youthful-looking. Plus, if feels amazing!
Here we’re sharing, the skin care benefits of facial massage, how to do facial massage at home and the best facial massage tools for your skin care routine.
What are the Benefits of Facial Massage?
There are myriad benefits of performing facial massage. Here are some of the top benefits of facial massage:
- Improves the appearance of the skin
- Stimulates the skin's surface
- Refreshes skin
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Hydrates the skin resulting in a fabulous glow
- Helps to improve overall well-being
How to Do Facial Massage
If your skin is dry or dehydrated, your skin will benefit from doing an at-home facial massage once a week.
If you’re visiting an esthetician for regular facial visits, performing a facial massage once every 2-3 weeks between visits will give your skin a boost!
Before you begin facial massage, you need to cleanse your face.
Washing your face before facial massage is essential to ensure your skin absorbs all of the benefits of the product you’ll use during the massage.
Choose Your Serum or Moisturizer
After cleansing, you can perform the facial massage using your favorite serum or moisturizer.
Facial Massage Step-by-Step
Before beginning the facial massage, make sure you have enough product so that your fingers will be able to slip over your face. You do not want there to be any friction or resistance while performing the massage.
1. Apply your serum or moisturizer all over your face and neck.
2. Do upward strokes on neck and cheeks.
3. Using middle finger do circular movements around eyes.
4. Apply pressure on the temples. Repeat circular motion around eyes.
5. Do upward feathery movements on forehead.
6. Use “effleurage” movements on cheeks and jaw.
7. Perform "tapotement" movements – light taps on cheeks and forehead.
Tip: Always work your movements in an upward direction for an added lifting effect.
The Best Facial Massage Tools
To really enhance your facial massage experience, a professional cosmetic massage tool should be incorporated into the process.
Here are our favorite professional cosmetic massage tools that are loved by estheticians around the globe and you can use at home.
Repêchage® Ionto Massager
Our Ionto Massager, when used in conjunction with serums and creams, will help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and crow’s feet, while it stimulates the skin surface.
Let us know in the comments below!