Bikini season is around the corner, and you can’t count on sweaters to cover up a little extra weight this time of year! We share our top tips to help you slim down for summer!
1. Eat smart – If you have any doubts about the food you’re about to consume, here’s our tip: Don’t eat it! Know what you’re eating and skip out on the obvious – fried, breaded, creamy, and fatty foods should be avoided and tossed in the garbage. Instead, stick to foods you don’t doubt – grilled, baked, green and lean foods. Some of our favorites to aid in a slimmer you – water, green tea, grapefruit and SEAWEED!
- Water: Water is essential to cool your body and help flush out waste and toxins. We recommend you drink at least 2 liters of water a day and more in the summer.
- Green tea: “This steamy sip hydrates like water, which can help fill you up and shed pounds. Plus, the antioxidants in green tea will up your fat burn and calorie burn. One study found that five cups a day could help you lose twice as much weight, most of it around your middle.” (Source: health.com)
- Grapefruit: “A compound in the tangy fruit can lower insulin, a fat-storage hormone, and that can lead to weight loss. It’s also a good source of protein, and because it’s at least 90% water, it can fill you up so you eat less.” (Source: health.com)
- Seaweed: Seaweed is just as good for on the inside as it is the outside. Seaweed contains a blend of vitamins & minerals, and is super-rich in antioxidants. (Huffington Post agrees!)
2. Start moving – You can’t slim down by being a couch potato! Exercise is crucial, and it helps to improve your body’s circulation. Go for a jog outside, take a 30 minute walk before or after work, play tennis or head to the gym. Whatever your preference may be, get in a minimum of 10,000 steps a day (Our tip: Get a pedometer to help keep you on track) to get you burning calories and on the right track.
3. Get a slimming body treatment – Next time you visit your local salon/spa, look for a slimming body treatment on the menu! Those that contain slimming seaweeds can particually help fight cellulite and fat. If you’re a woman, hormonal imbalances create bloating and fluid retention, congesting your lymphatic system (The system that helps to remove excess toxins and fluids). The massage portion of a body treatment will help to stimulate blood flow and flush fluids and toxins that can be trapped around fat cells, while seaweeds can help stimulate osmotic exchanges, thus bringing about the elimination of excess fluids. They also assist in fat tissue breakdown. (We love our Seaweed Body Treatment – Ask for it at a salon/spa near you!)
4. Contour cream – After visiting your local salon/spa for a professional treatment, continue treating your body with a contour cream to target body contours and cellulite. Every night after your shower, massage the cream, like our Vita Cura Body Contour Cream, into your skin – especially on those spongier areas like your thighs and buttocks. Our contour cream in particular has seaweeds for the slimming benefits, Chinese herbs, and Coenzyme A, an enzyme responsible for the metabolizing of fat. It also contains grapefruit oil, a natural oil that provides an aromatherapy trigger to help speed up metabolism.
How do you slim down for summer? Tell us in the comments below!